Sept. 14, 2006
NEW YORK - Just three months after being taken by the Chicago Machine with the 16th overall pick in the Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft, Joe Boulukos '06 was picked in the fifth round (52nd overall) of the National Lacrosse League Entry Draft by the expansion New York franchise, the Titans. This is the second-straight year that the Big Red has had a player drafted by an NLL team, as Sean Greenhalgh '05 was taken by the Philadelphia Wings, and had an outstanding rookie campaign in which he won the Bowflex Sportsmanship Award.
Boulukos, who was acquired by Philadelphia and then traded to the Baltimore Bayhawks in mid-July, saw action in four games, scored two goals and added one assist in his first season of professional lacrosse.
A co-winner of the USILA's Lt. Donald McLaughlin Jr. Award as the nation's top midfielder, Boulukos ended his college career with 89 career goals and 124 career points. A native of Huntington, N.Y., he earned first-team All-American honors following his senior season, was named the 2006 Ivy League Player of the Year, earned his third-straight nod to the All-Ivy first-team as one of only two unanimous selections, and was a nominee for the 2006 Tewaaraton Trophy.
The Titans, who will be the first NLL team to play in New York since the Saints folded after the 2003 season, will play a 16-game schedule. Their eight home games will be divided evenly between the Nassau Coliseum and Madison Square Garden. For more information on the Titans, visit: http://www.nytitanslacrosse.com.
Complete results of the Entry Draft are available below:
ENTRY DRAFT RESULTS
1. San Jose (from New York) - Ryan Benesch (Kitchener, ON) 2. San Jose (from Chicago) - Kyle Sorensen (Bellarmine University) 3. Buffalo (from Edmonton) - Brett Bucktooth (Syracuse University) 4. Philadelphia (from San Jose) - Geoff Snider (University of Denver) 5. Philadelphia - Ian Llord (St. Catharines, ON) 6. Arizona (from Min. via Arz. via Buf.) - Mike Grimes (Peterborough, ON) 7. San Jose (from Tor. via Cgy. via Arz.) - Paul Dawson (Brampton, ON) 8. Philadelphia (from Arizona) - Athan Ianucci (Hofstra University) 9. Calgary - Kyle Wailes (Brown University) 10. Rochester - Jack Reid (University of Massachusetts) 11. New York (from Portland via Minnesota) - Brendan Mundorf (UMBC) 12. Chicago (from Buffalo via Edmonton) - Josh Wasson (University of Hartford) 13. Colorado - Gary Bining (Ohio State University)
14. Calgary (from Chicago) - Luke Hinton (Victoria, BC) 15. Toronto (from Edmonton) - Mike MacLeod (Orangeville, ON) 16. San Jose - Wes Green (Adelphi University) 17. Chicago (from Phi. via Min. via Cgy.) - Jackson Gair (Orillia, ON) 18. Buffalo (from Min. via San Jose) - Joe Walters (University of Maryland) 19. Toronto (from Toronto via Minnesota) - Jeff Gilbert (Robert Morris) 20. Portland (from Arizona via Rochester) - Matt Holman (University of Hartford) 21. Portland (from Calgary via Philadelphia) - Ian Crashley (Whitby, ON) 22. Rochester - Ashton McLean (Elmira College) 23. Arizona - (from Por. via Cal. via Min.) - Brandon Atherton (Victoria, BC) 24. Buffalo - Jay Thorimbert (Niagara, ON) 25. Colorado - Jamie Shewchuk (Burnaby, BC)
26. New York - Garret Kikot (Bellarmine University) 27. Chicago - Mike Kirk (Dickinson College) 28. Edmonton - Kurtis Wagar (St. Catharines, ON) 29. Portland (from San Jose via Cgy.) - Greg Peyser (Johns Hopkins University) 30. Minnesota (from Philadelphia via Buffalo) - Tyler Haas (Victoria, BC) 31. Minnesota - Kevin Crosswell (Port Coquitlam, BC) 32. New York (from Toronto via Minnesota) - Matt Zash (Duke University) 33. Arizona - Matt Ward (University of Virginia) 34. Colorado (from Calgary via Arizona) - Matt Poskay (University of Virginia) 35. Toronto (from Rochester) - Matt Carroll (Whitby, ON) 36. Portland - D.J. Driscoll (University of Notre Dame) 37. Buffalo - Brendon Thenhaus (Oakville, ON) 38. Rochester (from Colorado) - Matt Currie (Peterborough, ON)
39. New York - John Orsen (Hofstra University) 40. Chicago - Shane Sargent (Whitby, ON) 41. Chicago (from Edmonton via Calgary) - Bill McGlone (University of Maryland) 42. San Jose - Brad Trottier (Barrie, ON) 43. Philadelphia - Kyle Dixon (University of Virginia) 44. Minnesota - Kevin Milkowski (Victoria, BC) 45. Toronto - Bryan Riddell (Barrie, ON) 46. Edmonton (from Arizona) - Cory Melville (Burnaby, BC) 47. Buffalo (from Calgary) - Brent Miller (Niagara, ON) 48. Rochester - Greg Gurenlian (Penn State University) 49. Portland - Jake Deane (University of Massachusetts) 50. Buffalo - Nolan Godfrey (Merrimack College) 51. Colorado - Curtis Morwick (Victoria, BC)
52. New York - Joe Boulukos (Cornell University) 53. Chicago - Cody Jacobs (Six Nations, ON) 54. Edmonton - Kris Hartzell (St. Andrew's College) 55. San Jose - Joe Vasold (New York Tech) 56. Philadelphia - Pat Walsh (University of Notre Dame) 57. Minnesota - Andrew Witt (New Westminster, BC) 58. Toronto - Joe Hall (Ottawa, ON) 59. Arizona - Ron Schbild (Burnaby, BC) 60. Calgary - Jordan Sealock (Calgary, AB) 61. Rochester - Cory Vitarelli (Peterborough, ON) 62. Portland - Matt Savoie (Whitby, ON) 63. Minnesota (from Buffalo) - Dave Ellis (Six Nations, ON) 64. Colorado - Casey Cittadino (Towson University)
65. New York - Chris Unterstein (Hofstra University) 66. Chicago - Eric Martin (Kitchener, ON) 67. Rochester (from Edmonton) - David Lomas (Six Nations, ON) 68. San Jose - Steve Holmes (University of Virginia) 69. Philadelphia - Mike Culver (University of Virginia) 70. Minnesota - Huey Johnson (Six Nations, ON) 71. Toronto (from Toronto via Philadelphia) - Brady Campbell (Orangeville, ON) 72. Arizona - Luke Pinder (Kitchener, ON) 73. Toronto (from Calgary) - Tim Chisolm (University of Hartford) 74. Rochester - Kyle Hagel (Oakville, ON) 75. Rochester (from Portland) - Dave Thering (Rochester Institute of Technology) 76. Buffalo - Daniel Sams (Peterborough, ON) 77. Colorado - Sean Morris (University of Massachusetts)
Joe Boulukos was drafted by the New York Titans in the NLL Entry Draft.