Your Final (Four) Exam
How much do you know about the last four teams standing?
- The Field of 65 | Track the Cinderellas | Follow the Hoops Odyssey
- Tournament Q&A with CSTV's Experts | The Experts' Brackets
- CSTV.com's basketball blogs Hang Time | The Glass Sneaker
- How They Got Here: The Final Four | Postgame Press Conferences
- Your Final (Four) Exam | Answers
- Graham: Gators Score Rare Championship Double
March 30, 2007
By Bryan Armen Graham
Bryan is a basketball editor for CSTV.com and contributes on a regular weekly basis.
Sharpen those pencils and pick up those bluebooks -- it's time too see how much you know about the four teams that have negotiated a path to college basketball's brightest stage. There's a little history here -- but the clear emphasis is on current events. So if you've really been paying attention this season, you should have no problem handling these softballs.
1. The Georgia Dome plays host to this weekend's event. How many schools from the
2. With two wins in
3. Ohio State senior Ron Lewis, who has averaged a team-high 21.8 points throughout the NCAAs, transferred from which Mid-American Conference school to finish his career with the Buckeyes?
5. Ben Howland has carved out a reputation as one of the game's premier defensive minds -- a field of emphasis with roots that trace back to the fourth-year UCLA coach's playing days. Name the school where Howland won a pair of Big Sky defensive player of the year awards.
6. Which of the following schools has NOT been ranked No. 1 in both football and men's basketball during the same week?
b. Notre Dame
7. TRUE OR FALSE: This year's Final Four marks the first time in history that each participating school enters the national semifinals with 30 or more victories.
9. The first McDonald's High School All-American game took place in 1978. Name the only NCAA Division I men's basketball champion since 1979 -- when the committee began seeding each participating team -- which did not have a single McDonald's All-American on its roster.
b. Michigan State (2000)
c. Maryland (2002)
10. UCLA and
a. UCLA and North Carolina (in 1968 and 1969)
b. Duke and UNLV (in 1990 and 1991)
c. Duke and
11. Out of the 100 student-athletes that have gone through the
a. Allen Iverson and Alonzo Mourning
b. Alonzo Mourning and Mike Sweetney
c. Allen Iverson and Victor Page
d. Eric Floyd and Allen Iverson
a. Utah's Arnie Ferrin in 1944
c. Louisville's Pervis Ellison in 1986
c. Duke in 2002
14. The Final Four teams have amassed a combined 27-1 mark during this year's postseason, which includes conference tournaments. Name the school which recorded that lone blemish -- the only team to defeat one of this weekend's four participants over that span.
b. Notre Dame
15. Who is
a. Joakim Noah
b. Al Horford
c. Taurean Green
d. Corey Brewer
16. If UCLA tops
a. Pete Gillen
b. Skip Prosser
c. Lefty Driesell
d. Eddie Sutton
18. This year marks the third time that each of the Final Four schools have previously won national championships. The first time occurred in 1993, when
19. Which Division I school has the longest active losing streak in NCAA Tournament play?
d. Oral Roberts
20. Which famous coach did NOT end his career with a victory in the national championship game?
a. John Wooden
b. Al McGuire
c. Larry Brown
d. Dean Smith