Swimming & Diving
  Tennis M | W
  Track and Field
  Ultimate
  Volleyball M | W
  Water Polo M | W
Tom Lemming on Recruiting

CHAT LIVE With CSTV recruiting expert Tom Lemming

Welcome to the CSTV.com moderated chat room!

On Thursday, November 10 at 3:00 p.m. ET, CSTV recruiting expert Tom Lemming enters the CSTV chat room. Tom will be taking all of your college football recruiting questions.

Tom Lemming

Recognized as the country's leading expert on college football recruiting and high school talent, Lemming's analyses and rankings of the country's leading high school athletes have been regularly featured in national publications. Lemming tirelessly logs thousands of miles each year to evaluate more than 1,000 of the top high school football players across the country. He is also the editor of Prep Football Report, considered to be the "bible of the recruiting industry".

** GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN NOW!!: Tom won't be stopping by until 3:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, November 10th, but feel free to submit your questions now and we'll save them for his arrival!
CSTV.com Moderator: OK, everybody. Welcome and thanks for joining. Tom is with us and ready to take your questions on football recruiting.

Elvis (Columbus): Chris Wells was at USC last weekend. Any chance he bails on the Buckeyes?
Tom Lemming: No. I think chances are slim and none, and slim just left town.

Dave (Tulsa): What school outside of the normal elite programs is having the best year recruiting?
Tom Lemming: Pittsburgh's dominating western Pennsylvania. Right now, they're the school.

Bren (Mammoth Lakes): Do you think USC will get a top running back this year? If so, who?
Tom Lemming: Yes. USC is courting Stafon Johnson, C.J. Gable, LeSean McCoy or Michael Goodson. They will get at least one of those four, and maybe two.

Kevin (Chicago): What's the latest with Notre Dame and Micah Johnson. I hear they're in the picture now?
Tom Lemming: Yes, they're in the picture. Notre Dame has already gotten a commitment from his good friend and teammate, Leonard Gordon. Micah, who has Georgia, Michigan and Kentucky at the top of his list, appears to be very interested in the Fighting Irish.

Chris (New York): Seems as though J.B. Walton will choose between Penn State and Nebraska. What are your thoughts?
Tom Lemming: Right now, it looks as if he's leaning toward Penn State but it's not a done deal and both schools will have to keep fighting hard until he's ready to announce.

George (Ocala): Can you explain the big moves up and down your list, specifically [Sam] Young and [Myron] Rolle.
Tom Lemming: Young's having a great year and Rolle is having a good year. Young is having an All-American season, while Rolle's play hasn't quited reached that level.

Mark (Huntsville, Ala.): Tom: Rumor has it that Notre Dame is going to get a commit from a high school junior very soon. Any chance it is Jimmy Clausen and any idea where Clausen ends up?
Tom Lemming: I have not heard those rumors. Rumors, particularly when they concern Notre Dame, are a dime a dozen. I have not heard of any big-name high school junior ready to announce right now. That said, Jimmy Clausen's top two schools are probably Notre Dame and USC.

Paul (Trenton): Any chance Greg Schiano can keep some of New Jersey's best at home?
Tom Lemming: Right now, the elite players appear to be headed out of state. But Rutgers is trying to round up the second-level guys, and they appear to be doing a good job at this stage of the recruiting year.

Vern (Knoxville): How much damage does Tennessee's flop this year do to recruiting?
Tom Lemming: None at all. I believe, in some weird way, it could even help. Tennessee is a national power. High school players looking at their program may believe, because of their up-and-down season, that they could come in and contribute right away in 2006. I think they have a very good shot of finishing in the Top 10 by Signing Day.

Martin (San Mateo): Looks like the Trojans are circling all the top players -- Harvin, Wells, McCoy, Tebow. Who will jump first and when?
Tom Lemming: I don't think they have a great shot at Tebow or Wells. Any of the four mentioned players who jump would likely be [LeSean] McCoy or Wells.

Steve (Winston-Salem): Who do you expect to be the top sleepers in this class?
Tom Lemming: I think Michael Goodson, a running back from Houston, is a player who should play right away. He's not on everybody's radar but most people know about him. Another kid who could really be a suprise is a linebacker named Thaddeus Gibson, from Euclid, Ohio. He's having a great senior year. Another guy who's not a sleeper but is having a great senior year is Knowshon Moreno from Middetown, N.J., who's having an outstanding senior campaign. As is Aaron Maybin, from Ellicot City, Maryland, who recently commited to Penn State. There will be several more in my Top 100, which will be released exclusively on CSTV.com on Nov. 23.

Ellen (Miami): What is the biggest news on the recruiting front from the last few weeks?
Tom Lemming: The biggest news would be Charlie Weis and his new contract, which helps Notre Dame recruiting. Penn State's great finish has really helped their recruiting. North Carolina State's victory over Florida State gives them a much-needed shot in the arm as far as recruiting.

Jack (Florham Park, N.J.): With Reggie Bush and LenDale White likely leaving after this year, which RBs will accept the challenge of stepping into their shoes by signing with USC?
Tom Lemming: We already kind of mentioned that, but I think the two local guys are most likely: Stefon Johnson and C.J. Gable.

W.B. (Ann Arbor): This year has been a struggle here in Ann Arbor. Give us some good news for Michigan!
Tom Lemming: The good news is Michigan is still in on close to 30 of nation's Top 100 players, and you can expect a good number of them to visit Ann Arbor between now and mid-January. And, they're positioning themselves to finish with a Top 10 class, which should be great news to Wolverine fans.

TC (Sacramento): Tom: Can you tell me where some of the top California kids are leaning -- i.e. David Ausberry, Tracy Slocum, and the McClymonds (Oakland) guys: Josh Tatum, Derek Hill, and Nederris Ward? The game in Berkeley this weekend is going to be crawling with the state's best.
Tom Lemming: I believe you just about named USC's recruiting list. In my opinion, all of the above mentioned names are leaning to Southern California.

Matt (Dallas): How has the Weis contract extension helped Notre Dame's recruiting?
Tom Lemming: It's given the recruits the confidence that Charlie Weis will be there during the ballplayer's entire career at Notre Dame. It has allowed Notre Dame now to pursue even more blue-chippers.
Tom Lemming: That's all for now. Be sure to tune in to CSTV tonight for Generation Next (7:30 ET), with special guest Texas head coach Mack Brown. Next Thursday, we'll be joined by North Carolina State head coach Chuck Amato. Thanks again for your questions!
CSTV.com Moderator: Thanks again for participating in the CSTV.com chat with recruiting expert Tom Lemming!

fanstore.com
shop now
T-shirts, caps, jerseys, collectibles and much more...
shop now

fanstore.com
featured product
T-shirts, caps, jerseys, collectibles and much more...
shop now

auctions
Hundreds of items for auction.
bid now