Swimming & Diving
  Tennis M | W
  Track and Field
  Ultimate
  Volleyball M | W
  Water Polo M | W
Tuesday @ The Rink

CHAT LIVE With Nebraska-Omaha Forward Scott Parse

Welcome to the CSTV.com moderated chat room!

On Tuesday, February 28 at 1:00 p.m. ET, Nebraska-Omaha forward Scott Parse pays a visit to "Tuesday @ The Rink", presented by CSTV.com and USCHO.com. Parse is the leading scorer in all of Division I men's hockey.

Scott Parse

Scott Parse has established himself as one of college hockey's elite players in his junior year at Nebraska-Omaha.

With 19 goals and 40 assists in 36 games this season, his 59 points put him atop the Division I scoring list for the 2005-06 season. His play shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, however, as he has been the team MVP and leading scorer in each of his first two seasons at UNO.

As a sophomore, Parse was an All-CCHA first-team selection after setting the UNO single-season record for points with 19-30-49, while finishing 10th in national scoring. He recorded at least one point in 30 of 39 contests for UNO. In his freshman year, he led the Mavericks in scoring with 16-19-35 and was named to the 2004 CCHA All-Rookie team while compiling the fourth-highest point total among freshmen nationally.

Scott is a native of Portage, MI, and was sixth round draft pick of the Los Angeles Kings in the 2004 NHL Draft.

** GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN NOW!!: Scott won't be stopping by until 1:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, February 28th, and his time will be limited, so feel free to submit your questions now and we'll save them for his arrival!
CSTV.com Moderator: Welcome to "Tuesday @ The Rink". As always, we have two great guests lined up for you today. Joining us to kick things off is Nebraska-Omaha forward and Hobey Baker candidate Scott Parse.
Scott Parse: Hi. I'm happy to be here and am ready to answer your questions.

Jonny(Omaha): Scott, What do you have to say to all fo the people who think your team doesn't deserve to "Dacne" Come March? Do you or your teammates use this as a kind of motivation? Congrats on a great year! ---Jonny
Scott Parse: Definitely. The teams or people outside of our league don't know much about us, so they think we don't deserve it. If you ask the teams in the CCHA, though, they'll tell you we are a good team and deserve to be in. Our program hasn't been around for a long time, so people don't look at us as being good...yet.

Rich (Des Moines, Iowa): Scott, I'm a Bucs fan and remember watching you when you played for Tri-City. My question is this - How do you feel the USHL helped prepare you for the rigors of Division I college hockey?
Scott Parse: It helped me a great deal. You look at where colleges get their players from and a lot of them are from the USHL. It definitely was the right place for me to play. The competition is great, so if you want to play Division I hockey, that is a great place to get ready for it.

Jen (Omaha): You have played at both the Qwest Center & Civic Auditorum in Omaha. Which do you prefer?
Scott Parse: I would say the Qwest Center, only because that is where I started playing. That is our home, so it feels more comfortable.

Smooga (Omaha): What has been your favorite class in college?
Scott Parse: I would say business stats class, with Professor Yano. He is a good guy and I like him as a teacher. He is the best teacher I've had.

Chip (Omaha): What is the most embarrassing moment you had during a game?
Scott Parse: All I can really think of is getting hammered on occasion. I choose to forget everything else.

Kyle (Minneapolis): Hey Scott, Love your game! Have you gotten to see Ryan Potulny much, from Minny?? If so, how do you compare youself to his style of play, with both of you putting up teriffic numbers?
Scott Parse: I played against Ryan in juniors. He was one of, if not the best, player in the league at the time. I haven't seen him play in college, though, but I know he is a great player.

Patrick Dempsey (Minneapolis, MN): Scott, congratulations on a great season so far both for you and UNO. UNO is having a terrific break-through season. What do you attribute UNO's success to this year? Also, do you think UNO is positioned to stay as a top-tier CCHA team in to the future?
Scott Parse: The big key this year has been experience. Last year, we had a good year and had most of the team back this season. We felt pretty confident entering the season and expected to do well. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be a top tier team going forward. With the facilities and fans here, everyone loves to play here. I think recruits that look at UNO are going to like what they see, which will help the program stay near the top of the CCHA.

Mark (Seattle): Hi Scott. What was it about Bowling Green that gave you guys so much trouble last time around, and what are you going to have to do to beat them in the playoffs?
Scott Parse: I think that was the second weekend of the year. We started 0-4 in the league. They were all over us both games, but we are a different team right now, as I'm sure they are. We are playing at our house, though, so that should be a big advantage for us.

Patrick (Omaha): Scott, last year I saw you guys play in Detroit and you were not the same team I saw play in Omaha all year. Is the team doing anything different to prepare itself for the tournament this year and has last weekend's flat performance at W. Mich. had any impact upon those preparations?
Scott Parse: Last year, when we went to the Joe, I think we were a little in awe of playing there. This year, we are expecting to do well in the playoffs and are a more confident team. The attitude we are taking about last weekend is to just forget about it. It obviously wasn't a great weekend for us, so we are putting it behind us and are just going to back to playing the way we were before.

Greg (Lincoln): On ice, or off ice, what part of your UNO career so far, will you remember the most? Or is it yet to come? Can't thank you enough for coming to UNO, it's been every Mav fans pleasure. Best of luck the rest of the season..... Greg
Scott Parse: Hopefully, it is yet to come if we do well in the postseason. The college life has been a lot of fun. I've learned a lot from my coaches and teammates. The whole college experience has been a lot of fun.

Shane Omaha: Are you planning to stay at UNO for one more year. What would the Kings organization have to do for you to convince you to leave.
Scott Parse: I haven't talked to the Kings organization since being drafted my freshman year. As of now, I am planning on staying.

Randy David (St. Louis): Scott, we've heard a lot about yourself and Bill Thomas. Can you tell us a little about the different centers you've been teamed with this year and what each does to be cohesive with you two. Also along with that what have opponents done to try to stop your line. Thanks and good luck in the post-season!
Scott Parse: The different centers we've played with have been Alex Nikiforuk and, now, Bryan Marshall. I think Bryan has been the best fit playing with us, although I'm not quite sure why - his skills just seem to fit better with us. We usually play against our opponents best D-men, and they try to match certain forward lines against us, as well, who try to get under our skin.

John Kotora (Belle Vernon, PA): Do you feel you would be getting more consideration for the Hobey Baker award if you were going to a school with more name recognition for its hockey program, like Minnesota or Denver?
Scott Parse: I think that is true to a certain extent, but it is not really something I'm too concerned about. The biggest thing for us is to make it to the Tournament and make a run there - that is what will get me more recognition for the award.
CSTV.com Moderator: That is all the time we have with Scott this afternoon.
Scott Parse: Thanks for having me. I had a great time. And thanks to everyone for supporting UNO and Maverick hockey.
CSTV.com Moderator: Join us at 2:00 Eastern for the second half of today's "Tuesday @ The Rink", when we are joined by CSTV hockey play-by-play announcer Matt McConnell. See you there.

fanstore.com
shop now
T-shirts, caps, jerseys, collectibles and much more...
shop now

fanstore.com
featured product
T-shirts, caps, jerseys, collectibles and much more...
shop now

auctions
Hundreds of items for auction.
bid now