Swimming & Diving
  Tennis M | W
  Track and Field
  Ultimate
  Volleyball M | W
  Water Polo M | W
Tuesday @ The Rink

CHAT LIVE With Nebraska-Omaha Forward Scott Parse

Welcome to the CSTV.com moderated chat room!

On Tuesday, January 30th at 2:00 p.m. ET, Nebraska-Omaha forward Scott Parse pays a visit to "Tuesday @ The Rink", presented by CSTV.com and USCHO.com. The Mavericks host No. 6 Michigan State on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET on CSTV.

Scott Parse

Scott Parse entered the 2006-07 season as Nebraska-Omaha's all-time leading scorer, and has only added to his Maverick legacy thus far in his senior campaign.

With 19 goals and 25 assists for the Mavericks this season, Parse has 44 points, placing him in a tie for third in the nation in total points. Parse was also third in the nation in 2005-06, scoring 61 points (20g, 41a), a performance that earned him CCHA Player of the Year honors. He was also a finalist for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award.

As a sophomore, Parse was an All-CCHA first-team selection after setting the UNO single-season record for points with 19-30-49, while finishing 10th in national scoring. He recorded at least one point in 30 of 39 contests for UNO. In his freshman year, he led the Mavericks in scoring with 16-19-35 and was named to the 2004 CCHA All-Rookie team while compiling the fourth-highest point total among freshmen nationally.

Parse has never missed a game in his Maverick career, playing in 149 consecutive games, a program record, and has a total of 189 points in those games.

Scott is a native of Portage, MI, and was sixth round draft pick of the Los Angeles Kings in the 2004 NHL Draft.

** GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN NOW!!: Scott won't be stopping by until 2:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, January 30th, and his time will be limited, so feel free to submit your questions now and we'll save them for his arrival!
CSTV.com Moderator: Good afternoon, and welcome to the second of our "Tuesday @ the Rink" chats this afternoon. We'll be joined in a few moments by Nebraska-Omaha forward Scott Parse.
CSTV.com Moderator: Again, folks, please bear with us...Scott just got out of class...we'll have him on the line shortly.
CSTV.com Moderator: Thanks for your patience, folks...we're now joined by Scott Parse.
Scott Parse: Hello, everyone, thanks for having me.

Rick (Omaha): Scotty, this past weekend against Northern was probably the most comprehensive 120-minute effort we've seen this year. Is the team getting together for a second-half run?
Scott Parse: I hope so. It was our best weekend by far this year as far as playing a complete game, so hopefully we can build off of that, and play like that down the stretch.

Chuck Omaha: Hey Scott, How much has your role in the dressing room changed now that you wear the "C", or has it? p.s. good luck the rest of the way!
Scott Parse: It hasn't changed a whole lot. You've got to be a little more vocal, but we've got a lot of seniors on our team, and it's not hard being the captain here.

Mike from Omaha: Have you changed your "game" from last year when you played on the line with Bill Thomas as compared to this year? If so how?
Scott Parse: Not a lot, but obviously, Bill scored a lot of goals for us, so I've tried to shoot the puck a little more this year. That's the only thing I can think of, really, trying to score more myself.

Steven (omaha): Parse many people talk about your points. But I would like to ask what you attribute your toughness to. You have played in every game of your career, even when you are banged up.
Scott Parse: I've got to be lucky. That plays a part in it. Just try to keep yourself in good shape, and hopefully avoid big injuries.

Tom (Wahoo, NE): Scott: I have totally enjoyed watching your for the last 5 years. (Huge Lancer fan so had to temper my pleasure while you played for Tri-Cities). It appears that you have really empahasised two areas in your game from the previous seasons; Stickhandling and forechecking. Do you feel that you have worked to improve those two areas over the last year? Best of Luck. Tom Sec 128
Scott Parse: I think our system this year, we're focusing more on forechecking, and we're trying to send two guys in hard, so I think that's where the forecheck part comes from. We're just trying to be more aggressive on our forecheck. I don't really work at my stickhandling, but maybe my hands improved over the summer.

Bill (Omaha): You made a choice to bypass an early start to your professional career and return to UNO for your Senior season. Can you explain some of the pressure you felt or just how difficult or easy the decison was to return?
Scott Parse: I didn't try to let it weigh me down a whole lot, the decision, I just like the college life, and I wanted to stay one more year, and that's what it came down to. I wanted to stay in college one more year, because I like it.

Michael (Omaha): What has been your most memorable game moment in Omaha?
Scott Parse: In Omaha, I'm going to have to say my sophomore year. I scored the overtime winner against Lake Superior State in the first round of the playoffs to send us to the Joe. That was a pretty exciting moment here in Omaha.

Steve (NY): Have opposing teams paid more attention to you this year since you were a Hobey finalist last year, or has it mostly been the same?
Scott Parse: Last year, I saw a lot of attention, so there hasn't been that much difference between this year and last year.

Jack: Your team played a great series against northern. Do you think having Bagron on the number one line with you contributed?
Scott Parse: Yeah, he definitely played well this weekend. He's a big body, he gets in on the forecheck really well, and just creates space for me and my other linemate, Dan Charleston.

D.J. Omaha: What was your favorite building to play in when you played in the USHL? And why?
Scott Parse: Besides our home rink in Tri-City, playing in Sioux City's old arena was very interesting, how small it is, the size of the ice. I've never played in a rink that small before, so that sticks out the most.

Joe (Omaha): Do you think the UNO program can continue to build on the success of making the NCAA tournament last year and become a national power? What will it take for the program to get to the tournament consistently?
Scott Parse: Definitely, we can continue to become a power in the country. We have great coaches and a great facility to play in and great fans, so when recruits come and watch a game here, they're going to be impressed, and I think that's a big part of recruiting. In the past few years, we've had some good recruits come in here, so you can tell by our play in the last few years that we're getting better.

Barb (Blair): Scott, what are your expectations for UNO and your teammates as the season gears itself toward the CCHA playoffs?
Scott Parse: We've got to start making a run here. We had a good weekend this past weekend, and if we can continue to play like that, we'll have a good showing in our playoffs, and you never know come tournament time.
CSTV.com Moderator: That is all the time we have with Scott this afternoon.
Scott Parse: Thanks for the questions, and thanks for having me. I enjoyed it.
CSTV.com Moderator: That'll do it for this week's "Tuesday @ the Rink" chats, presented by CSTV.com and USCHO. Remember that you can see Scott and the Mavericks take on Michigan State this Saturday at 8 p.m. ET, LIVE on CSTV.
CSTV.com Moderator: Keep checking back for info on next week's guests. Thanks, and have a great week!

fanstore.com
shop now
T-shirts, caps, jerseys, collectibles and much more...
shop now

fanstore.com
featured product
T-shirts, caps, jerseys, collectibles and much more...
shop now

auctions
Hundreds of items for auction.
bid now