Tuesday @ The Rink

CHAT LIVE With Wisconsin Forward Blake Geoffrion

Welcome to the CSTV.com moderated chat room!

On Tuesday, January 22 at 1:00 p.m. ET, Wisconsin forward Blake Geoffrion enters the chatroom at "Tuesday @ The Rink", presented by CSTV.com and USCHO.com. The No. 16 Badgers host No. 17 Minnesota this weekend, with Saturday's game airing LIVE on CSTV at 8 p.m. ET.

Blake Geoffrion

The grandson of NHL legend Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, Wisconsin sophomore Blake Geoffrion has worked hard to establish his own name in Madison.

The 6-foot-2 forward enters this weekend series as the No. 3 scorer for the Badgers with seven goals and 12 assists, more than tripling his freshman year total of six points (2g, 4a). He's also been part of Team USA at the 2007 and 2008 World Junior Championships, helping the U.S. to a bronze medal in 2007.

Geoffrion comes from storied hockey bloodlines that go beyond his grandfather's fame. His great-grandfather, Howie Morenz, is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame and had his number retired by the Montreal Canadiens, with whom he won three Stanley Cups. His father, Danny, played in the NHL from 1980 to 1982 with the Canadiens and the Winnipieg Jets.

A native of Brentwood, Tenn., Geoffrion was a second-round selection (56th overall) of his home state Nashville Predators in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He is a business major at Wisconsin.

** GET YOUR QUESTIONS IN NOW!!: Blake won't be stopping by until 1:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, January 22nd, and his time will be limited, so feel free to submit your questions now and we'll save them for his arrival!
CSTV.com Moderator: Good afternoon, and welcome to another "Tuesday @ the Rink," presented by CSTV.com and USCHO. We have two great chats today, so let's get right to our first guest. We're joined now by University of Wisconsin forward Blake Geoffrion, whose No. 16 Badgers take on No. 17 Minnesota this weekend, with Saturday's game airing LIVE on CSTV at 8 p.m. ET.
Blake Geoffrion: Hey guys, thanks for logging in to chat today. I guess we can start with the questions.
CSTV.com Moderator: Indeed we can, here's the first one.

Spencer Hangler (Nashville): So Blake...i love to watch you play and i think you are an extremely great ice player i noticed that almost every game you do 3 high cycles and take 4-6 slap shots...do you have any reasoning for why you do this every game? Does it just come natural?
Blake Geoffrion: Well, I use the high cycle a lot because it creates space for me and my teammates. I just like to shoot the puck, so when i get a chance to take a slapper, I take one.

Derek (Waunakee): When choosing schools, what was the biggest factor in you choosing to go to the University of Wisconsin?
Blake Geoffrion: Well, the thing that caught my attention right away was the fans at the Kohl Center. The crowd here is unbelieveable. It is the best in college hockey, and maybe even better than some NHL teams. I think that was the biggest thing, not to mention the winning culture we have here at Wisconsin.

Jim (Middleton, Wis.): Blake, what are you looking forward to most about this weekend's series with Minnesota?
Blake Geoffrion: Well it is a huge rivial for us, they are a very good team, and we are both tied in the WCHA, so it is going to be a huge weekend for us. But I am most looking forward to playing at the Kohl against Minni because it is most likely going to be sold out, and the crowd is going to be nuts.

siouxfan: Hi Blake, congrats on your college hockey career so far it has been a pleasure to watch the Badgers these last few years and your successes. My question is where are the Badgers and Gophers this year? What is it going to take to finish out this season strong for you guys?
Blake Geoffrion: I think lately we have been playing very well as a team. It is not just one line contributing offensively, it is our team, so that's a good sign. We have some momentum going right now and i think if we continue to work hard and play 60 minutes every night we should have a good ending to our season before the playoffs.

Marc (New York): Hey Blake, have you seen any Predators games this year? I'm looking forward to watching you play with Ryan Suter in a few years.
Blake Geoffrion: I have watched a couple of games on TV, but I have not been to a game yet this year. I have only been home for two days since July because of hockey, so I have not gotten a chance to see any games in person. And yes, hopefully I will be able to get to that level one of these days and play with Nashville and great players like Suter.

Dwayne (Lisbon, WI): I am concerned about Friday's game with Minnesota. Will the long road trip to Alaska have any lingering effects?
Blake Geoffrion: No, I don't think so. We had a light day yesterday, and we have been recovering pretty well with our strength coach (who used to be at Minnesota), so I think we will be ready to go. It's a big series for us this weekend.

Sheryl (Madison, WI): What was it like playing at the world juniors? Was it hard to go from playing against Kyle Turris to being on the same line?
Blake Geoffrion: It was an unbelieveable experience to wear the USA jersey, and even though we didnt play as well as we would have liked at the end of the tournement, it was still an experience you can't put into words. And no, I dont think it was hard to play on the same line as Kyle after playing against him. We both know that we were enemies then and linemates now, so it was an easy transtition.
CSTV.com Moderator: Sadly, that's all the time we have with Blake this afternoon...he has a lift to go to.
Blake Geoffrion: I have to go, guys. Thanks again for all of the questions. Hopefully, we can do it again sometime. I have to go and pump some iron. Go Wisco.
CSTV.com Moderator: That's it for the first of our "Tuesday @ the Rink" chats here on CSTV.com this afternoon. Be sure to come back at the top of the hour, when we'll be joined by Michigan State's Jeff Lerg.